PVWPC’s Competitive programs are designed to develop teams that compete in local, regional, state and national events. Typically, the competitive year culminates with the USWP Junior Olympics, a national event held annually in late July. Beginning with PVWPC’s Fall Quarter, each competitive team participates in a competitive calendar of games, leagues and tournaments that will develop them to achieve their potential on the Junior Olympic stage. $520 per quarter, fees subject to change. Competitive Teams run year-round, except when pre-empted by our local high school seasons for the 16U and 18U age groups:
- 10U Mixed (subject to sufficient enrollment)
- 12U Boys
- 14U/12U Girls
- 14U Boys
- 16U Boys (except Fall)
- 18U/16U Girls (except Winter)
- 18 Boys (except Fall)
Our 14U Pipeline program is for athletes who are 14U for the 2017/2018 season, but who are not yet read for our 14U Competitive team. 14U Pipeline will compete in local “Bronze”-level events, and athletes may be eligible to try out for a spot on the 14U team later in the season, if invited by the 14U Head Coach. $520 per quarter, year-round, fees subject to change.
Fun in the Sun!
Our Fun in the Sun (FITS) program is designed for athletes ages 7-12 who are new to water polo. It provides a way to “get your feet wet” and see how fun water polo can be! Athletes 12-and-under by 8/1/2018 (e.g. born 8/2/2005 or later) are eligible.
While no previous water polo experience is necessary to join FITS, strong swimming skills are required:
- 10 and under athletes must be able to swim 100 yds comfortably (4 lengths of the pool), freestyle (front crawl), without stopping or touching the bottom.
- All other trial athletes must be able to swim 100 yds freestyle in under 1:50 (Jr. Guard time standard), without stopping or touching the bottom.
- If your athlete needs to develop his/her swimming skills before starting water polo, we have an excellent relationship with Palos Verdes Aquatic Club (PVAC)
Please download the FITS flyer for detailed sign-up instructions and fees.
* Our national governing body, USA Water Polo, uses August 1 as the “age as of” date in determining eligibility for the season, which culminates in the National Junior Olympics tournament in late July. For example an athlete born on 8/1/2005 will turn 13 on 8/1/2018 and be ineligible to play 12U at JOs. Therefore the date of birth cutoff for all programs is August 2.
Presently all programs practice at PV High School or Peninsula High School.
For PV High School:
Park near the corner of Via Pacheco and Epping Rd, then walk through the Epping Rd gate, down the long driveway and around the football field to the pool. If you are parked on Via Pacheco you can also walk down the steep dirt path:
If you need an address to plug into your phone or GPS, use:
2135 Via Pacheco
Palos Verdes Estates California 90274
For Peninsula High School:
27118 Silver Spur Rd
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274: